I just finished Gabe's first scrapbook, from start to finish, in two hours! I am so proud of myself and am feeling so positive and productive. It made me think that I should tell others about some of the things that I've found most helpful since losing my son...
1. Join an infant loss support group, even starting while you're still pregnant.
2. Do individual and/or couples counseling through your local Hospice.
3. Look into medications, if necessary, and do not feel guilty about it!
4. Creat a website, start a journal, or find another outlet to express your emotions.
5. Print off your baby's pictures and put them in a pretty album/frames.
6. Choose your favorite pictures to put in a scrapbook to share with friends.
7. FInd other moms who have their own angels - connect with someone who understands.
8. Cry. Whenever you feel like it. Cry.
9. Download music that reminds you of your angel and listen to it for comfort.
10. Visit your angel's gravesite, make it look attractive, order your gravemarker.
11. FInd peace and comfort in the arms of Jesus.
12. Surround yourself with positive family and friends, who will be an encouragement.
13. Talk to your spouse/loved ones about your feelings. It helps to get it out!
14. Begin thinking about rituals and traditions you'd like to start to remember your angel.
15. Honor your angel by feeling comfortable enough to talk about him or her. Even if the pain is intense right now, it will get better with time. Soon, you'll be able to talk about your baby with happiness in your voice, instead of extreme sorrow.
Remember: You will never get over it. You will simply discover your "new normal." -Meg